Culture of Care
We wish you and your school a warm welcome on board on this Earth Care Campaign 2010-2014, a voyage of learning and discovery with the purpose to inspire and engage our young generation to live a caring life in harmony with Society and Mother Earth.
The first lesson discusses the concept of Care in relation to my attitudes and behaviors towards Myself – Others – Nature. How does Care relate to power, empowerment, violence and peace?
The second lesson discusses the concept of sustainability and the United Nations Decades on Sustainable Development and Water for Life, while highlighting the relation between my Responsibilities and my Rights.
The third lesson includes Project Management – how to plan and perform a successful small action, learning by doing, and my three small care actions per day.
The two student self-studies will alert students to make “care” observations at the level of society, as well as at home.
This action has the following guidelines for when to start this action:
- September 21 – the International Day of Peace / World Peace Day
- October 24 – the United Nations “birthday”
What this means is that each year the process for the Culture of Care action is the following:
- June 21 – registration opens (available below)
- September 21 – assessment forms are accepted
- November 21 – registration closes
- December 21 – assessment forms are no longer accepted
- Campaign Concept Note in English
- Teacher Guidelines – Culture of Care in English or in Arabic
- Support Material in English or in Arabic
- Student Assessment Form
- Student Summary Sheet
- Teacher Assessment Form
Registration is open June 21 – November 21
The registration process step-by-step:
- Decide on a campaign coordinator at your school
- Decide which classes will participate in this action
- Make a 3-4 weeks plan for the classes
to have 3 lessons (2 hours each)
and 2 self-studies (3 hours each)
- Download and read carefully the resources for this action from above
Fill in registration forms for this actionRegistration is closed at the moment!
- Receive a confirmation email with action’s assessment forms